Workshop 101: Management Strategies for an Effective OH&S Management System
This workshop is designed to give Senior Management and Managers with an overview of health and safety management systems and techniques or tools that they can employ to not only comply with the program but to demonstrate “active involvement and leadership” within the program.
Management Strategies…Piloting Effective Health and Safety Programs
The learning objectives of this course are to:
- Understand both federal and provincial legal requirements and consequences for non-compliance
- Review roles and responsibilities for management levels and how these roles are applied
- Learn how to establish a positive safety culture
- Review the eight elements required in a health and safety management system including how to actively involve management to ensure compliance and involvement
- Review the reporting and investigative procedures required following an incident and understanding where the responsibility lies
This course is a:
- AASP recommended COR courses for OH&S Leaders.
A Certificate of Achievement will be issued upon successful completion of the course exam.
AASP will also accommodate in-house training sessions as requested (min 12 participants – max 25 participants / session).
Additional courses will be scheduled as needed.