Module 8: Understanding Workplace Violence and Harassment
Workplace violence can originate from a variety of workplace situations and people. This course will assist you in identifying the areas for potential violence and developing the remedial actions to those situations.
The learning objectives of this course are to teach the participants how to conduct an investigation using the following techniques:
- Review the legislative requirements on workplace violence
- Define workplace violence
- Learn how to identify types of workplace violence
- Learn the forms of violence
- Learn about the negative effects of workplace violence
- Learn how to develop a workplace violence policy
- Learn how and why to include workplace violence into hazard assessments and controls
- Learn how to train workers and to respond and get assistance when needed
- Develop a response plan
- Learn how to investigation a workplace violence situation
- Debriefing a situation
This course is a:
- Mandatory course requirement for students pursuing the Qualified Safety Representative (QSR)™ designation.
- AASP recommended COR courses for OH&S Leaders.
A Certificate of Achievement will be issued upon successful completion of the course exam.
To successfully complete the course, the learner has 3 attempts to achieve 80% or higher on the exam.
Online duration subject to student capabilities.
AASP will also accommodate in-house training sessions as requested (min 12 participants – max 25 participants / session).
Additional courses will be scheduled as needed.