Module 12a Internal Health & Safety Auditing Refresher
The internal auditor refresher is a one day course designed to provide internal auditors with updated information they will need to conduct COR maintenance audits for their employers.
The training day will include:
- Review required steps to be followed when conducting an audit
- Review all audit preparation activities to ensure an efficient audit
- Review Auditor Code of Ethics and Quality Assurance Standards
- Review of the electronic audit protocol and the questions to be verified duringthe audit
- Review validation techniques
- Review changes to auditing standards as set by Alberta Labour, Partnerships andCertifying Partners
- Review auditor certification maintenance criteria
Once every 6 years, Internal Auditors will be required to complete a written exam to validate competency. Internal auditors must achieve 80% on the exam and also on the QA review of the maintenance audits they complete for their employer.