Module 2: Alberta OHS Legislation Essentials
This course will give participants an extensive overview of the legislation, how it is set up and how employers and employees can use and apply the legislation in their own work places.
The learning objectives of this course are to
- Learn about the world of legalized responsibilities
- Review key points from the OH&S Act, Regulation and Code
- Learn how to demonstrate reasonable care and due diligence
- Define the role of the employer and employee
- Review manager and worker responsibilities
This course is a:
- Mandatory course requirement for students pursuing the Qualified Safety Representative (QSR)™ designation.
- AASP recommended COR courses for OH&S Leaders.
A Certificate of Achievement will be issued upon successful completion of the course exam.
To successfully complete the course, the learner has 3 attempts to achieve 80% or higher on the exam.
Online duration subject to student capabilities.
AASP will also accommodate in-house training sessions as requested (min 12 participants – max 25 participants / session).
Additional courses will be scheduled as needed.