Module 7: Claims Management & Effective Return to Work
In this course you will learn how to structure a disability management program for your company. A consistent approach can help you to take control of the workplace incidents and minimize the costs associated with loss time claims. The learning objectives of this course are to teach the participants about effective management of worker claims and returning to the workplace using the following techniques:
- Find out what disability management is all about
- Start to build an effective return to work program
- Discuss what “duty to accommodate” means for you and your organization
- Discuss how the Workers Compensation Board views your injured workers so you will gain a better understanding of the benefit entitlements
- Identify how you can build an infrastructure that will help your company in disability management
This course is a:
- Mandatory course requirement for students pursuing the Qualified Safety Representative (QSR)™ designation.
- AASP recommended COR courses for OH&S Leaders.
A Certificate of Achievement will be issued upon successful completion of the course exam.
To successfully complete the course, the learner has 3 attempts to achieve 80% or higher on the exam.
Online duration subject to student capabilities.
AASP will also accommodate in-house training sessions as requested (min 12 participants – max 25 participants / session).
Additional courses will be scheduled as needed.