Module 11: Being a Leader – Roles of an Effective Supervisor
This course goes into the details of being a Supervisor. Includes the roles, the expectations and how to effectively communicate, delegate, and motivate workers. But first there must be an understanding of your style as a Supervisor. This is fun and sometimes an eye-opening experience for the new supervisor and/or the middle manager.
The learning objectives of this course are to teach the participants what it means to be a supervisor and how to be effective.
- Who is a Supervisor, and what are the expectations of Managers
- Identify and discuss the legislation as it applies to the role of a Supervisor
Role of the Employer
• Role of the Supervisor
• Role of the Worker
- Supervisor Expectations
• Decision Making/Problem Solving
• Managing Change
• Time Management
- Discuss what it means to be a leader
- Enforcing the requirements
- Identify your leadership style
- Discuss how to effectively motivate and be an effective Supervisor
This course is a:
- Mandatory course requirement for students pursuing the Qualified Safety Representative (QSR)™ designation.
- AASP recommended COR courses for OH&S Leaders.
A Certificate of Achievement will be issued upon successful completion of the course exam.
To successfully complete the course, the learner has 3 attempts to achieve 80% or higher on the exam.
Online duration subject to student capabilities.
AASP will also accommodate in-house training sessions as requested (min 12 participants – max 25 participants / session).
Additional courses will be scheduled as needed.