The following training requirements are mandated for COR/SECOR:
Small Employer Certificate of Recognition (SECOR)Small Employer (10 or less employees)
REFRESHER TRAINING (every 3 years)
All employers that have completed Module 1 or Module 1 SECOR must complete the “AASP 2018 OHS Management system and Legislative (Bill 30) Update” to ensure they understand the new legislative requirements as well as the new Partnerships COR requirements.
OHS Update Course Refresher is compulsory for all persons who completed Module 1
- Access the OHS Update course
- If your company has trained an internal auditor – refresher training is required every three years.
- If you want to train an internal auditor click HERE to access classroom courses.
- AASP encourages employers to access additional training to enhance their management of health and safety
- View Online Courses
- View Classroom Courses
AASP courses are delivered in classroom and online. Upon request, employers may book in-house training.
In addition to the required mandatory training the AASP also offers.
- Workshop 101 – Management Leadership Strategies for effective OHS Management Systems – This 6 hour workshop has been updated to meet the new legislative and Partnerships requirements. AASP is booking in-house training sessions for December and into 2019. This is a highly recommended workshop for all management and supervisory levels. AASP will be scheduling public classes on the 2019 calendar that will be posted by mid November.
- The Qualified Safety Representative (QSR™) designation, a curriculum of practical Safety courses to provide individuals with a career development path in the field of Occupational Health & Safety.