Training provides the foundation for developing, implementing and maintaining an effective Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OHSMS). It is mandated by Partnerships that all companies participating in the Certificate of Recognition (COR) program must always have at least one employee on staff that has taken an approved training from the Certifying Partner. A basic program is now mandated by OHS Law, if you are new to the COR/SECOR process, which is voluntary, the AASP development course is the perfect starting point. The course includes step by step processes to build an effective occupational health and safety management system plus numerous examples and templates are provided.
The following training requirements are mandated for COR/SECOR:
Certificate of Recognition (COR)Large Employer (more than 10 employees)
Small Employer Certificate of Recognition (SECOR)Small Employer (10 or less employees)
REFRESHER TRAINING (every 3 years)
All employers that have completed Module 1 or Module 1 SECOR must complete the “AASP 2018 OHS Management system and Legislative (Bill 30) Update” to ensure they understand the new legislative requirements as well as the new Partnerships COR requirements.
OHS Update Course Refresher is compulsory for all persons who completed Module 1
- Access the OHS Update course
- If your company has trained an internal auditor – refresher training is required every three years.
- If you want to train an internal auditor click HERE to access classroom courses.
- AASP encourages employers to access additional training to enhance their management of health and safety
- Buy And Take Online Courses Now
- View Classroom Schedule
AASP courses are delivered in classroom and online. Upon request the AASP can send an instructor to your business to conduct onsite training at a 10% discount from the listed course price. Onsite training can only be provided to a minimum of 8 employees and a maximum of 25 employees per session.
In addition to the required mandatory training the AASP also offers.
- Workshop 101 – Management Leadership Strategies for effective OHS Management Systems – This 6 hour workshop has been updated to meet the new legislative and Partnerships requirements. AASP is booking in-house training sessions for December and into 2019. This is a highly recommended workshop for all management and supervisory levels. AASP will be scheduling public classes on the 2019 calendar that will be posted by mid November.
- The Qualified Safety Representative (QSR™) designation, a curriculum of practical Safety courses to provide individuals with a career development path in the field of Occupational Health & Safety.