Training provides the foundation for developing, implementing and maintaining an effective Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OHSMS). It is mandated by Partnerships that all companies participating in the Certificate of Recognition (COR) program must always have at least one employee on staff that has taken an approved training from the Certifying Partner. A basic program is now mandated by OHS Law, if you are new to the COR/SECOR process, which is voluntary, the AASP development course is the perfect starting point. The course includes step by step processes to build an effective occupational health and safety management system plus numerous examples and templates are provided.
The following training requirements are mandated for COR/SECOR:
Certificate of Recognition (COR)Large Employer (more than 10 employees)
Small Employer Certificate of Recognition (SECOR)*Small Employer (10 or less employees)
- * SECOR participants must complete one additional training module every 3 years (see “Refresher Training” below).
REFRESHER TRAINING (every 3 years)
All employers that have completed Module 1 or Module 1 SECOR must complete the “AASP 2018 OHS Management system and Legislative (Bill 30) Update” to ensure they understand the new legislative requirements as well as the new Partnerships COR requirements.
OHS Update Course Refresher is compulsory for all persons who completed Module 1
- Access OHS Management System and Legislative (Bill 30) Update
- If your company has trained an internal auditor – refresher training is required every three years.
- If you want to train an internal auditor click HERE to access classroom courses.
- AASP encourages employers to access additional training to enhance their management of health and safety
- View Course Catalog