625 Parsons Rd SW
Edmonton, AB T6X 0N9
|COURSE FULL – REGISTRATIONS CLOSED|
This course has been revised and updated to meet the current audit standard and teaches auditors the acceptable methods of Health and Safety Auditing. The only pre-requisite for an internal auditor is to complete Module 1, Health and Safety Program Development and the participant needs to have a working knowledge of the company health and safety program as well as some good writing skills. Additional pre-requisites apply to external auditors.
The objectives of this course are to teach the participant how to conduct an audit that meets the standard set by Alberta Employment, Immigration and Industry and Alberta Association for Safety Partnerships.
The evaluation course includes:
- The steps followed in conducting an audit
- How to prepare a pre-evaluation letter
- How to conduct a pre-evaluation meeting
- Pre-evaluation information
- Audit information
- Auditor information
- How to conduct the post-evaluation meeting
- Methods of scoring an audit
- Ethics of an auditor
- Documentation required to conduct an audit
- Audit presentation – necessary information
- Appropriate actions of an auditor
- Report writing – consistent information
- Role playing for conducting interviews
- Complete a review of the audit questions based on the AASP Partnership Audit Document.
Upon completion and passing of the written exam the participant must complete an internal audit, compile into an acceptable presentation form and submit for review. Once the audit is reviewed and scored, and the Auditor review receives a mark not less than 80%, a certificate will be issued to the participant. The qualification audit must be submitted within six months of the class.
An external auditor must complete an external audit, submit the completed report for review and achieve not less than 90% on the review to be awarded a certification. The qualification audit cannot be a COR certification audit.
One audit per year must be submitted to maintain either the Internal or External Auditor certification.
A refresher course must be taken once every three years for Internal Auditors and External Auditors are required to attend a 3 hour session annually to maintain certification.
To compliment the course there is a mandatory supplemental manual for each auditor to purchase. “Fundamentals of Health and Safety Auditing, an Auditor’s Handi-Guide” will be made available at class or may be ordered directly from our web site.