625 Parsons Rd SW
Edmonton, AB T6X 0N9
This module is based on the original Partnership Health and Safety program developed by Alberta Employment, Immigration and Industry to assist companies in the development and implement their safety programs. The program has been updated and expanded to meet the current standards. The purpose of a Health and Safety Program is to assist management in identifying and controlling risks, provide the basis for action to health and safety problems and assist in the maximization of productivity for the organizations resources.
Upon completion of this course the participant will be able to:
- List and describe the eight major components of a health and safety program including the purpose and benefits.
- Demonstrate the technical knowledge necessary to implement a functional health and safety system based on the eight elements.
- State in their own works the key benefits of an effective health and safety program for an organization in both financial and human terms.
- Explain techniques for communicating with management fostering meaningful management commitment and ongoing support.
- Explain techniques for fostering worker involvement in the organizations health and safety program.
- Explain some simple methods of estimating the actual direct and indirect costs on an incident.
- Identify the relationship between a health and safety program and the OH&S legislation, with emphasis on the responsibility of an organization to undertake due diligence.Upon completion of this course the participant receives a Certificate of Achievement. Upon the organizations completion of the development, implementation and passing an external audit of their Health and Safety Program the organization will receive a Certificate of Recognition from Alberta Employment, Immigration and Industry with the Alberta Association for Safety Partnerships being the Certifying Partner. Qualification for a Certificate of Recognition indicates the company has met or exceeded the standard as set out by the Partnership program.